Community Gardens: 5 Simple Steps to Preparing Your Garden
Many of you have already started to immerse yourself in community gardening by getting to know your neighbors, tending to your plots, and planting your first seeds and starts. Haven’t started yet? Don’t hesitate, your plot is waiting and ready for you!
Five simple steps to begin gardening:
1. Remove straw from your garden plot
2. Begin turning your soil with a turning fork adding compost as needed
3. Remove any weeds and unwanted rocks
4. Build your beds and designate pathways
5. Start sowing seeds and planting starts (cool season crops that is)